Monday, December 15, 2008

nesting

We have had an extremely busy weekend staying at home. That's right. We barely left our doorstep and yet managed to work non-stop and well into the evenings. Why? We have been switching our whole house around; moving the office downstairs, Ben's old room changing over into the baby girl's new room, old office now Ben's room, kitchen cabinets switched around to make room for bottles and other baby stuff, going through old baby clothes and pulling out the gender neutral or girly looking stuff... I have admittedly been a crazy woman who is mirroring mania by DSM-IV standards. I know its my nesting burst of energy before I can't stand for very long, sit for very long, lay in one position very long, and yet take V E R Y L O N G to simply move. I know I'm hitting the nesting period a little early this pregnancy, but I'm at home with my toddler who is excited about all the changes he is getting to experience too, which makes it all the more fun. He is now in his big boy bed! Granted, he falls out of it. But nonetheless, he is "in" the big bed. (note to self: get rails)

My sweet husband has worked so hard these past few days, doing all the manly stuff for me (heavy lifting, moving, etc.). He has been so sweet and supportive of my nesting - and by nesting I mean my crazy mania - even though its happening early and right before a very busy week for us (Christmas week). Well, my baby girl just decided to either or shove an elbow or a foot into my bladder, so its time for me to go... and by go, I mean, you know... go.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that you are nesting!! I also love that you are having a baby girl. Let's talk soon so I can hear about some of your baby name ideas.

Alison said...

Got any baby name choices yet? When are you due? Nesting sounds fun. I lvoe re-arranging the house. Make it feel new again.

Amy said...

We are still working on the names - we are always looking for ideas so if anyone has any, pass them on!

Alison said...

Amy,

Do you mind if I put a link to your blog on mine? For baby names... a girl... I LOVE Erin, Audrey, Shelby. I'm into Holly, Carly... Love Madison but so many have it now. Still like that standards Racheal, Sarah, Hannah :)

thanks,
Alison

Unknown said...

Absolutely link me up - thanks for asking! I need to take the time to do that too...

My husband is harder to please with the names that I am. We both agree on the solid classics though, which is probably what we'll end up going with. He is waiting for a name to strike him in an epiphany sort of way. I hope it happens soon cuz we're running out of time!

Amy said...

oops - the DMBfan is actually from Amy... my husband was logged on here - oops

Alison said...

Got you all linked up. Hope I spelled the last name right. Your holiday looks wonderful and I hope you New Year's Eve was great. When is the baby due?