Monday, December 8, 2008

makes me smile

It cracks me up that my son's favorite book to read while on the pot dropping a deuce is "My Daddy and Me."

He told me yesterday that I was a "sweet mama."

We were in a public and crowded bathroom Saturday while out shopping (because that's what I do all day now... no, not shop... pee) and I hauled my almost 3-year old, newly potty trained son with me in the stall. At midstream relief he said, "You're doing a great job, mommy!" I tried not to make eye contact with the people who were smiling at us as he confidently led the way out of the stall. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of my great job and all... its just... well, you know.

I love it when I have these mature sounding conversations with my little guy. I ask him about something he's doing and he says, "Well actually, mommy, I'm..." (as he corrects what I've stated).

I love it that he can tell a difference when I'm in my usual comfortable sweats, tennis shoes, no make-up and ponytail to when I get dressed up. "You look beautiful, mommy," he'll say when I'm dressed up with make-up on. If I'm wearing something other than sweats during the week, he usually asks, "Where are we going, mommy?"

I love it that we can be watching cartoons together and he teases me. I was laying down with my head next to his lap and in my not yet fully awake state I realized he was putting Cheerios in my hair.

I love having a little guy - he is so much fun and I just love watching him grow and mature into this precious, silly, clever, fun boy. I am also so ecstatic that I'll get to experience raising a girl too. Yep, we are going to welcome a little girl into the world in the coming months! Ben is also excited, talking about how he is going to play with his baby sister and share his toys (I'll let you know how that turns out!) In the meantime, bring on the pink!

No comments: