Saturday, May 24, 2008

christian cheese

These guys are hysterical. They call themselves, "God's Pottery." I first saw them this past week on Last Comic Standing where their whole act totally makes fun of powderpuff Christianity. And from my observations, the powderpuffy gunk is annoyingly extant today.

The act is really funny and I thought, sadly, this is probably what so much of the world thinks of us (Christians). Quack-bags full of fluff - and really, who could blame them for what they too often see of Christians?

But seriously, I've thought about what it is about Christians that can be so incredibly annoying to the watching world. I think one huge thing is Christians tend to answer people and their problems, as well as the world's by saying and thinking things like, "Just pray more." "Read the Bible more." "Give it to God." "If there is something wrong, you must not be really giving it to God or not praying enough, or hanging out with Christians enough." bla bla bla bla bla bla...

This isn't helpful at all. It doesn't even deal with any foundational truth. I'll write more on that later. But for now, I'm going to sit back and laugh. Laugh hard. There is a lot of comedy to be had in the truth.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I thought these guys were SO funny when I saw them. I'm glad they got through to the next round. I am glad you thought it was ok to laugh too!