Tuesday, April 15, 2008

oops

Fact: we live almost on top of our neighbors. Where our driveway ends, their lawn begins. Also, we have a monstrous slope to our driveway. It is so bad that when we first moved in I was scared to reverse down it because I felt like I was going to flip over backwards.

Fact: we’ve had flood inducing rain in the Midwest for several weeks. The neighbor’s sump pump shoots the flood waters out onto our driveway/edge of their lawn multiple times a day.

I knew it was bad when I was reversing down our driveway and my wheels were spinning but I wasn’t moving. Ben was shouting, "Awcate, mommy! Awcate!" (awcate = chocolate) pointing from his car seat to the driblets on the car windows.

Lovely.

My dear husband, with no complaints, would always faithfully go outside when he got home from work and repair my damage (did I mention I did this more than once?). He also went on my behalf to the neighbor's house and apologized for my complete disregard for the welfare of their sump pump soaked slush of a lawn. He protects me and takes such good care of me. He's my hero!



No comments: