Monday, April 14, 2008

Father knows best


Have you ever had a circumstance that you have prayed to come out a certain way and you just knew this particular way was good? Really good?
.............................
You know your desired outcome is pleasing to God. Have you ever known in your heart of hearts this is how it is meant to be? And all the universe seems to align with your mind's eye that this is the right way? No, the perfect way? You pray and feel the peace. You've read the Word and it seems to speak directly to your circumstance. Have you ever felt you've read the very words that affirm your determined outcome is the best scenario going?

The circumstance comes to pass. And it's turned out nothing like you thought it would - have you ever experienced that? From all appearances everything you thought to be accurate... isn't. Have you ever questioned that you ever even heard from God in the first place? Even though earlier on you knew that you knew that you knew? Yeah... me too.

1 comment:

angela said...

Unfortunately, I know what your talking about too well. I felt pretty disillusioned with God, how I read God's Word, and also felt disappointment with myself. I feel like I am still learning a lot with stuff along these lines.
Great post!
Angela