Friday, April 18, 2008

Interesting...

Last night Kenny and I went to a discussion forum. The topic was, Are We Really Safe? We discussed whether or not we can truly guard against mishaps, disease, circumstance... Are our homes safe? Neighborhoods? Our lives? What makes a place or person truly safe? What and/or who do we put trust in to ensure safety? Is that trust well put? Can we really control who and what is safe? etc. etc.

Then this morning a little past 4:30 we had an earthquake large enough to rattle and shake our entire house.

Kinda freaky, wouldn't you say?

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Uh yes, I would say so!

Apparently there was an aftershock of like 4.5 at 10:15 this morning. I don't remember feeling it. Do you?

Amy said...

Remember that really loud "truck" we heard about that time? I wonder if that was the aftershock and not the truck?

Rebecca said...

that's what I was thinking.