Sunday, April 13, 2008

Thankyouverymuch


Do you even know the belaboring that went into deciding to do a blog? Whew, I've worn myself out. It goes something like this:

Am I an unrelenting narcissist?
--But I have something to say.

Do I really have anything intelligible to say?
--I have time enough to read many other blogs which trigger much thought and desire to interact, and yes, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY.

But does anyone really care what you have to say?
--Does it really matter what anyone else thinks?

Then why am I doing this anyway?
--I love to write, I love to share, I love to think, I want to interact...

What if I don't want to do it anymore and this is out there forever? Then what?
--Then I can just stop... and delete.

What about stalkers?
--I used to be a mental health social worker, do I really need to be concerned about this now?

And on it goes. With much encouragement from my husband to just do it already, I have decided to take the leap. Now I am very excited to be here.

I'll take a bow for myself right now because I finally did it. Thankyouverymuch.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Welcome!

I love the point about being a former mental health worker... very funny.

Mark Peach said...

Amy,
I am glad you took the leap! Welcome to the blogosphere. I look forward to reading your posts.

Melissa Peach said...

Welcome to the blog world Amy! I look forward to reading your thoughts.

Amy said...

Thank you! Yall are so sweet!